Sunday, April 26, 2015

Reflection on Instructional Design

First, in order to have good instructional design, the ADDIE (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation) framework should be implemented. During the analysis stage, the problem preventing the desired outcome or behavior should be identified along with the causes of the problem. The designer can conduct interviews, review existing documentation, or review surveys. In addition, the format of the training and lesson goals and objectives should be established. During the design phase, the learning activities should be determined and aligned with the goals and objectives. How the lesson will be assessed to ensure mastery and consideration of the evaluation process is completed during the design phase. Next, during the development stage, the actual activities of the lesson should be fully created along with the job aid for the client. Then, you are ready to implement your training. Once the training is complete and participants provide feedback, the instructional designer should adjust any areas that were unclear to the learners or repair any technical glitches.  Taking the time to complete this process can help ensure a successful training.
Also, what did I learn from the Evaluation of the product? What would I do differently next time? How much did I learn from the process and evaluation that will make me a better future instructional designer?

I completed this project with a colleague and classmate, Kelli Kelsoe. I believe that it takes longer to develop training when working with a partner; however, the end product was much better than the first instructional design. Each instructional designer brought new innovative ideas to the table for discussion in which the other designer was not aware of. In addition, we were constantly reviewing the product, so mistakes were found quickly and corrected. The project scope was overwhelming once we added the content from two designers into one document and training session. The participants did complain that they needed more time to complete the assignments. The training will be utilized in the district, so the allotted time for each activity has been adjusted along with allowing some “think” time between day one and day two. One item that I had to learn the hard way was concerning the use of a google survey form. I created a 20 question survey, but did not set the permissions so others could not edit the survey. Unfortunately, someone customized the form after the participants utilized it. I was able to collect the data, but I will have to recreate the form again for future use. 

4 comments:

  1. Feeling a bit like a lab rat... 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to present something back and help others such as you helped me. Start your own online business

    ReplyDelete